Drawing a Mandala is a very relaxing activity that allows us to unwind and live in the moment.
This art requires a lot of concentration, therefor your mind will be forbidden from wandering to negative places and all the focus will be on your piece of art. Besides, repetition of patterns was proven to regulate the heartbeats and as a result, lower the blood pressure, control the breath, and put you in a better mood.
How to draw a Peacock Mandala
I have written it many times, and allow me to write it again, everyone can draw a mandala. This art does not require any artistic skills. All you need is your concentration and your will to free the artist within you.
The tutorials I post on my channel and on my blog are tailored for beginners. The videos show you, step by step, how the art projects are done. And the articles give you the measures, materials, and patterns needed for you to achieve the Mandala.
The Materials needed for this Mandala art are:
- 12″ Ruler
- Coloring pencils
- Fine drawing pen 0.2
- A4 white sheet
- Start by marking a point in the center of your A4 paper.
- Trace a horizontal and a vertical line crossing the center.
Trace five circles with the following radii: 2 cm, 4 cm, 6 cm, 8 cm, and 10 cm.
Trace grid lines that are separated by 30 degrees.
- Draw the peacock body following the example below and the video tutorial I shared with you. Notice that the heart of the peacock coincides with the center of the mandala, and his head reaches the outline of the third circle, when his bottom reaches outline of the second circle.
- Start filling the grid sections with patterns and shapes as shown in the video tutorial. Below, are five pictures representing the five different stages. Although, for drawing the patterns, I always recommend watching the video.
- The fifth step is to color the peacock. In this tutorial I used regular coloring pencils. You can use any kind of colors, watercolors, markers, fine pens, etc.
The basics in coloring a mandala are the following: Always start from the center, color the repeated patterns with the same color, never overthink your choice of colors, and dare to use contrasting colors.
The Video Tutorial:
Watch the video tutorial, subscribe, and turn the notification bell on to be the first to learn about the next Mandala art project.