Why should every person give Mandala drawing a try?
In my years as a meditative art teacher, I have met so many people who feared art because they feared failure. And I taught them that their fear comes from within as they do not value themselves.
Fearing failure is fearing our own self-critique.
When I give my class in meditative arts, I don’t only teach a person to draw I teach him how to evaluate himself and praise himself. “I am enough” is a magical sentence that I learned from Marisa Peer. I write this sentence on my board every time I enter a class. If I can’t teach you to value yourself I won’t be able to teach you to express yourself in beautiful Mandalas.
Based on what I wrote above, Mandala drawing is not only the art of drawing but it’s the art of living and that is why everyone should give mandala drawing a try.
How to draw a twisted Mandalas
I enjoy creating twisted Mandalas and you can notice that from the many many twisted mandala tutorials posted on my blog and channel. To create a twisted mandala or any mandala you need few materials.
- A5 white paper
- 12″ Ruler
- Stabilo fine point 88 (four colors of your choice)
- Mark a point on the upper left of your paper and trace a 6.5 cm radius circle.
- Trace a vertical and a horizontal line crossing the center and cutting the circle into four equal sections.
- Using your protractor, trace a line every 10 degrees.
- Now trace circles inside the main circle with the following radii: 0.5 cm, 1 cm, 1.5 cm, 2 cm, 2.5 cm, 3 cm, 3.5 cm, 4 cm, 4.5 cm, 5 cm, 5.5 cm, 6 cm.
- Start filling your mandala grid with regular petals by following the swirly technique that you can check on the video below.
- Note that in this design the bottom right quarter of the circle must stay empty. So only trace petals on the three quarters of your mandala grid.
- After you have filled the Mandala grid with petals, trace lines in the empty quarter as shown in the video tutorial.
Even if the description is clear, it is always better to see a video to get a perfect idea of how to replicate a mandala design. Remember to subscribe and turn the notification bell on.