Why is this a Zentangle and not a Mandala?
There is an important difference between a Zentangle and a mandala. A Zentangle is a doodled, well-defined shape, like the one we have in this tutorial. So even if it’s a circle it doesn’t make it a mandala. When you have an ensemble of circles organized around the same center then you will have a mandala. A simple difference, no?
- A4 white paper or cardboard
- Stabilo fine point 88
This tutorial is divided into seven well-explained steps.
- In the first step you will trace a Mandala grid.
- In the second step you will trace the right side of the zentangle. You can see in the picture that the pattern I chose is a wire pattern. To draw this pattern I took the intersection point between the circle and the vertical line. I drew lines connecting this intersection point with each and every point marked with the protractor.
- The third step is to sketch intersected diagonal lines between grid lines.
- The fourth step is to draw spirals between the grid lines.